Hotelmize (“Hotelmize”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users. The following information describes how Hotelmize collects and processes information about its users (“you”, “user”) when interacting with our website (the “Website”).
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Hotelmize helps to generate higher profits for hotel distributors by utilizing automated price prediction and efficiency algorithms, combining big data and machine learning capabilities, to track and analyze reservations from the moment of booking until check-in. By having access to reservation details, our algorithms enable us to predict when room rates will reach their lowest point to achieve maximum savings on a single rebooking (“Services”).
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name, email address, telephone number, company, and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily from you, including, without limitation, by making an inquiry or requesting a demo of our Service via the contact forms available through the Website, or if you email us or sign up to receive a news release and/or event invitations). We may also collect your Name, mail, telephone and resume details if you choose to send it, in order to apply to any of HotelMize’s positions, offered under the “Careers” section on our Website.
Additionally, if you wish to use our Service, you will be required to create an account through the Website (“Account“). In order to do that, you will be requested to submit certain information such as: name, email address, password. Your Account information will enable you to log in to our Website to be provided with our Services, as well as provide you with access to the Dashboard and Reservation features available on our Website.
Furthermore, our Website features a blog, which enables you to learn more about our Services, as well as to collaborate with other hotel distributors. Note, that the Personal Information you will choose to post, share, upload, or make available will be made public and visible to others who will use this feature. You should never post or share any information that is confidential.
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
Use of Information
- Providing the Requested Services:
- We collect Personal Information to provide you with a demonstration of the Services you contracted to receive.
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Services you use or intend to use.
- If you choose to send us your resume, we may collect your Personal Information to offer you the position at HotelMize that you seek to apply for.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested Services, or for the negotiation of a future contract with you.
- Improvement and Development of the Services:
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Hotelmize’s Services, and to provide more information on the use of those Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We may use information you post on our blog to personalize your experience and to make content recommendations.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Services and enabling our users to browse our Website in a secure environment.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Hotelmize’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Website by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management, analytics or maintenance services. We may also share your information with analytics service providers who set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, to collect information about your usage of our Services through the Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Services. We may also provide access to your Personal Information to our contractors who are performing services for us in connection with our Website or the Services that you have requested and/or to our personnel in order to provide customer services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you or your account may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use our Services or the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Hotelmize, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
Information from Users outside the USA
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information. To exercise these options, please contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are located within the European Union (the “EU“) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), you might be afforded with specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to eligibility, users in the EU or in the EEA have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete,
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to information collected on our Website, Hotelmize is a “Data Controller”. Therefore, if you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, please contact us, and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above, you may contact us at:email@example.com
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of this Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website experience for all of our visitors. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to Other Websites
Generally, Hotelmize does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the data is required for Hotelmize to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or if it is necessary for the performance of the requested Services.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE WEBSITE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on October 2019.